- The progressives newspapers of the 20's wrote about the dangers alcohol on society
- we passed the 18th amendment to ban the production and sale of alcohol making law-abiding citizens criminals over night.
- The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor
- we interred 110,000 Japanese American citizens in camps on FDR's executive order 9066, taking away their land and property (many never got their farms back after the war).
- The Cold War with Russia caused
- the black listing of American citizens based on "hear-say" arguments under McCarthy
- When 19 hijackers flew 4 planes into 3 buildings and killed over 3000 American citizens
- we gave away our right to not be unlawfully searched and seized to the TSA
- we passed the Patriot Act allowing the FBI to do warrant-less wire-tapes and searches
- we passed the defense bill giving the military the power to arrest indefinitely without trial any American citizen if they are "suspected" of terrorism.
- When 20 children and 6 teachers were gunned down by mentally disturbed boy
- Congress wanted to put limits on the 2nd amendment banning the sale of certain guns and limiting the amount of ammunition a person can carry.
Will we ever learn?
Do we really know the true meaning to the words:
"The land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE"